The Plan

A few years ago, my son Tom met Catherine Hamlin, a most remarkable Australian doctor working in Addis Ababa. He gave me a copy of her biography Hospital by the River, and I was deeply moved both by her work and the terrible suffering of the women she served.

I’d been writing Quid and Harmony for some time, and decided to complete the novel and dedicate all the proceeds to furthering her work... [read more]

Sunday, April 1, 2007

If you have any comments about Quid and Harmony, or about my project in general, this is the place for you.
But be gentle.
Remember the delicacy of the male ego.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey, great cover.

Anonymous said...

Love it.

Anonymous said...

awesome!!!

Anonymous said...

David said

Yesterday I held a duck

Steve Isham said...

Allan, I've put a link to your blog. I'd love you to post here occasional updates on how the project is going, the next books, etc.

Beer and Bubs said...

Hi Allan,
I tried to reply your email about photos for the Fistula hospital but it bounced back.
Lucy Perry

Anonymous said...

I honestly have to say...THE BEST BOOK I HAVE EVER READ! I am NOT joking. I loved it :P I'm now reading it for a second time.

Thank you Mr Smith! I am your BIGGEST fan and I can't wait for the next book!

Anonymous said...

If you look closely at the cover...there is a fingerprint in the brown stuff (coffee?!) on the front! lol